Keeping You Safe
When readying to attend our BIRMINGHAM show we ask that you read and follow the following information from the NEC:
The health and safety of everyone who visits the NEC remains our top priority. As with other large UK venues, to keep visitors and staff safe we are implementing COVID-19 status checks at agreed entry points. When visiting the NEC, please come prepared to show proof of your COVID-19 status.
The accepted method of showing COVID-19 status is as follows:
- NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App (NB This is different to the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app).It is advised individuals apply no later than 48 hours before attending their event to allow for the application to be processed in time.
If you need help using the NHS App to gain your COVID Pass, watch this helpful quick video.
- Lateral flow or PCR negative test results text or e-mail, received within 72 hours prior to attending the event. However, we would encourage visitors to complete their test within 48 hours as some organisers/promoters may request the shorter timeframe.
- If visitors would prefer not to use the app or do not have a smartphone they can obtain a NHS COVID Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website.
- Proof of immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
Children under 18 do not have to demonstrate their COVID-19 status for entry to domestic events or venues in England.
Visitors with a medical exemption should advise a member of staff during the checking process.
COVID PASS QUICK TIP: When you have your proof ready, we find it helps to download or screenshot a copy of your proof and save it to your photos, email or phone wallet. You could also print out a hard copy if you prefer. Having this makes things much easier when you arrive and avoids any mishaps you may encounter with accessing the app or dealing with those pesky low signal moments. Plus, it’ll make checking and accessing the venue much quicker, too.
ICHF Events has been awarded the We’re Good To Go industry standard from Visit England. Confirming the show is adhering to the governments covid-19 guidance. This means that:
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a safe and social distance within the show.
- Additional staff will be onsite to monitor visitors numbers.
- Our team will be briefed and trained in our Covid prevention procedures.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout the show, the location for
these station will be visible on the floorplan. We request you use them when you
enter the show and throughout your day.
- We advise visitors to use card payments where possible to avoid the handling of
- There will be increased regular cleaning throughout the show, including the catering areas, toilets and high touch points.
- If possible, please download tickets for the event to your smart phone.
- We ask that if you or any accompanying persons are showing any symptoms of
Covid-19 that you do not attend the show.